Scout Trailer Kit (Include Tyres and Wheels)
Additional accessories shown are sold separately
Smittybilt thought of everything with their new Scout Trailer. Starting with a fully boxed galvanized steel frame which is then powder coated with the under carriage featuring heavy duty undercoating. A 50mm receivers is located at the rear of the trailer to allow the use of hitchmounted accessories. Three off-road jacks make the Scout easy to unhook and level. Electric axle brakes in conjunction with a self-charging trailer break away system provide the ultimate security in the event of trailer detachment and meet trailer brake laws in all 50 states. The independent trailing arm suspension features coil springs, dual shocks and limit straps which are both simple and reliable while providing a smooth ride. The galvanized 14-gauge powder coated tub has a large main compartment and two side cabinets meaning that you will never run out of space again. The side cabinets make a perfect spot to fit your generator or a camp kitchen, with easy access and locking t-handles. Removable steel fenders accommodate almost any size tire and an aluminum tongue box is perfect for deep cycle batteries and electrical systems. Below the instant-up tent (optional) by the main cabinet of the Scout houses dual sliding floors with four tie down points per slider and dual locking T-handles. Rain gutter rails allow for even further mounting of rack systems to carry your kayaks, bicycles, or whatever toys you want bring along on your next backcountry journey.
- Removable/adjustable fenders
- Pro Comp AT Sport tires 265/70R17 mounted on Pro Comp Series 51 Steel Wheels (qty 3)
- 5x5 wheel bolt pattern
- All doors equipped with locking t-handle latches
- 3 main doors with slider drawer system
- S/S sliders with 200 lbs. capacity
- Rear sliders have hold open/closed latches to prevent unwanted movement
- All sliders equipped with hold close latches
- Kitchenette cabinet with locking drawer
- Generator/fridge cabinet with Mesh floor
- Integrated tie down points front and sides. 2 front, 4 each side one on top of main compartment
- Electric brakes with integrated break away brake system
- 7 pin trailer wiring socket
- 2 inch front receiver /hitch mount adaptable to use articulating hitch or pintle hook
- 2 inch rear receiver hitch for mounting accessories
- 2 rear mounted shackle mounts for 3/4 inch shackles
Due to the size of this product we cannot ship so pick up is required.
Better than I expected (and I had high expectationBy: Jaime Drysdale on 6 May 2019My only complaint is that it didn't come standard with an articulating hitch. It's great trailer and it gives you a perfect starting point to build the camping trailer that you want. Totally functional just the way it is... or modify it to suit your specific requirements. Plenty of on-line help available from enthusiasts that have done mods on these trailers too. Every time I look at it, it brings a smile to my face!