Throttle Control Module
Rather than a traditional accelerator cable, many modern vehicles use 'fly by wire' throttle technology. This system relies on a sensor that measures the pedal pressure and position and sends a signal to the vehicle's engine computer which converts to acceleration. Many of these fly by wire systems have a noticeable delay. iDRIVE allows you to tune the signal from the accelerator pedal with multiple inbuilt settings to ensure you find a setting that suits your driving style, although there are other products on the market that can offer this performance.
So what makes iDRIVE different?
ECO mode is designed for economy by reducing the accelerator response time. Also handy when you are on the trails and looking for a bit more throttle control when crawling.
Ultimate Mode offers 9 sensitivity levels, this allows the driver to tune the controller to the desired level of sensitivity.Choose level 9 and grip the steering wheel tight or hit level 1 for a gentle smooth acceleration.
Automatic control mode automatically selects the sensitivity level based on pedal pressure. If you are in traffic and accelerating gently the iDRIVE will automatically choose a reduced level of throttle response. If you accelerate hard for overtaking or just even just for fun the iDRIVE will choose a mode with an increased level of throttle response. Automatic Control mode is what makes iDRIVE the most intelligent throttle controller on the market.
How To Install:
- Turn ignition off.
- Unplug the connector plugged into the accelerator pedal assembly.
- Plug the iDRIVE connector into the vehicle’s accelerator pedal. Be cautious not to force into position as this may result in bent pins in the plug. iDRIVE connector should fit easily into position. Although removing the accelerator pedal from the firewall is not required, it may make access to the plug easier.
- Re-fit connector into the iDRIVE.
- Using cable ties supplied, securely mount the iDRIVE cable in a position that will not affect the operation of the pedals.
- Mount the control module on the dash in a position that is easy to access. You may want to check the position at night to ensure the display doesn’t affect night driving.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other JeepKonection users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.