TJ HD Dana 44/30 Ball Joint Set Without Knurl
TeraFlex TJ/LJ Heavy-Duty Ball Joints are engineered to handle the increased load caused by oversized tires and offset wheels. With knurl.
- FITS: TJ Wrangler & long-wheelbase LJ Wrangler Unlimited w/ Dana 30 & Dana 44 axles
- Two (2) upper ball joints w/ knurl
- Two (2) lower ball joints w/ knurl
UPPER BALL JOINT FEATURES:
- Extremely hard sintered wear bushings to handle extreme side load demands w/out failure
- Magnesium Phosphate coating to inhibit corrosion throughout
- Heat treated 4140 chromoly ball/stud & 1045 carbon steel housing
- Factory style serrated flange nut & grease fitting
- W/out knurls
LOWER BALL JOINT FEATURES:
- Hard alloy tool steel slotted wear plate for ball/stud to socket wear protection
- Wear plate features grease channels for increased flow through entire joint ensuring longevity & predictable operation
- Magnesium Phosphate coating to inhibit corrosion & friction throughout
- Heat treated 4140 chromoly ball/stud
- Huge 30mm (1.18”) ball
- Factory style serrated flanged castle nut
- Ball joint pre-load adjustability provides the end user w/ near effortless wear adjustment (kid includes Preload Adjustment Tool)
- Low-profile single lip dust seal eliminates torn conventional dust boot concerns
- Adjustable ball stud retaining ring for accurate initial & future preload adjustments that can be done w/out any axle disassembly
- Adjustable preload can be performed w/ simple hand tools
- Adjustable end cap w/ two (2) zerk fittings (“Frog Eye”) allow greasing access from either side w/out axle shaft removal even w/ larger RCV shafts
- Dual helical grease grooves machined in the retaining ring allow spent grease to exit through the low-profile seal
- Low-profile seal prevents contaminants, while allowing spent grease to evacuate from the ball joint
- W/out knurls
- We recommend ball joints w/out knurls (# 1355100) as they will not score the inner knuckle & open up the bore.
- Also offered w/ knurls (# 1355300) for ball joints w/ a loose press fit in the inner knuckle due to repeated ball joint replacement or if knurled ball joints have been installed in the past.
INSTALL TIME: 4 Hours
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other JeepKonection users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.